The global site of the UK's leading magazine for automation, motion engineering and power transmission
26 May, 2024

Twitter link

HMS takes 70% stake in Dutch networking firm Procentec

02 October, 2020

The Swedish industrial communications specialist HMS Industrial Networks has acquired a 70% stake in the Dutch business Procentec, which specialises in diagnostics and monitoring of industrial networks.

Headquartered in Rotterdam, Procentec employs around 70 people and has subsidiaries in Germany, Italy and the UK. In 2019, the Procentec Group generated sales worth €11.7m. Its products ensures reliable infrastructures for industrial networks such as Profibus, Profinet, EtherNet/IP and other industrial Ethernet standards.

“Procentec fills a gap in HMS’ offering within communication infrastructure,” explains HMS CEO, Staffan Dahlström. “Industrial networks are vital in industrial processes, and Procentec’s products and services improve uptime and data availability significantly in these critical networks.

“With Procentec, HMS gets access to an aftermarket business related to the huge installed base of industrial networks globally, positioning HMS much closer to the end-users of industrial networks,” he adds. “This is a very interesting new dimension for HMS given the fact that we today mainly supply products to device manufacturers and machine-builders”.

HMS has acquired the 70% share in Procentec from its founders, who are no longer active in the company. The remaining 30% is owned by the existing management team, who will keep their management positions and continue running the Procentec business.

HMS CEO Staffan Dahlström (right) and Procentec CEO Pieter Barendrecht (on screen) meet remotely due to Coronavirus restrictions

“We are very excited to become part of HMS which opens up new doors for Procentec,” says the company’s CEO, Pieter Barendrecht. “HMS’ size and international presence will be a great asset for Procentec in our continued expansion. There will also be excellent opportunities for IP-sharing between the companies, as well as for co-creation of solutions related to industrial networking and Industry 4.0”

Procentec’s portfolio includes its ProfiTrace, ProfiHub, ComBricks, Atlas and Osiris products which help field technicians to perform network monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting either on site in factories, or remotely, reducing  downtime.

  • To view a digital copy of the latest issue of Drives & Controls, click here.

    To visit the digital library of past issues, click here

    To subscribe to the magazine, click here



"Do you think that robots create or destroy jobs?"



Most Read Articles